Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A nightmare before breakfast

Hi everyone,
today I was asked to write about anything I'd like to, so I'm going to write about a nightmare I had last night.
I was entering to my sister's bedroom, where my whole family was, when suddenly the sky became darker (in the middle of the day), and I saw a huge mountain of water coming to us, bigger than the hills around, it was an apocalyptic tsunami. I screamed and said to my family to run away to the room in front, where the water would hit us a little slower than there (I know it was ridiculous, but you know how dreams are). They runned to that room but I went to the next, and I found my six year old niece beside me, she had followed me and couldn't go back with her mother because the water was very close to us, so I waited for the big hit, waiting for the crashing windows and the wave that would take us away and death...
But nothing happened. I walked to the window to see what was happening outside the house, I moved the curtain to one side carefully, just a little bit, and saw the most terrific thing ever: the sky wasn't blue, grey or even dark as the night, it was like the sun had come closer and burning the atmosphere, it looked like an ocean of lava, moving around without fall down from the sky, it was terrifying. Suddenly I knew the sun had certainly come closer to Earth, and its heat had evaporated all the water I've seen before coming in the tsunami. I saw in the yard a car, and I recognized it as my cousin's, then I saw her lying inside there, with her family too, but the sun burned them, it was the radiation, I was watching them at a moment and then their clothes burned, their skin, and finally their bones evaporated like air. I knew we couldn't go out of the house because we would die in a second, it was strange but the house protected us from the sun heat, we only had to be carefull with the light that came from the windows, we shouldn't be directly exposed to sunlight. My skin started to itch desperately, I knew it was sun radiation, that would slowly burn and kill us all. I surrounded my little niece with clothes, to protect her from the sunlight. Then I took another look through the window, moving the curtain. I saw thousands and thousands of alien spaceships, I knew they were strange because they were too modern to be humancrafts. I was scared, I knew they were bad, they didn't make the Earth distruction, it was been human being, they were only waiting for this moment to come to Earth. All the spaceships were flying flush the ground, and one of them stopped and started to move back: they had seen me. I quickly closed the curtain, and heard some footsteps coming to me. I opened the curtain once more with the most care I could have: there were two boots, I knew he had seen me when he made a signal to the others with his boot, knocking twice the floor. I couldn't attain to see his body or his face because I closed the curtain and held it. Five blue little birds pass through the window and stood on the floor, they were machines, made to spy everywhere, and I knew they sent them to make sure we were alive. They looked at me and I knew that in every moment that being outside would crash the windows and catch us, so I held my niece's arm, maybe too hard, and pushed her to the hallway, out the room, and told her to stay with her mom. She runned away, and I closed the door. Then I looked  to those five little mechabirds, and I knew that, at least, it would take a little more time for them to find my loving beings.

3 comments:

  1. That horrible!!!
    I had those kind of dreams, are very distress.
    I hope that these don’t happen in the real life!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At times like this I wonder, what Freud would say? XD...Only kidding Mila…
    I guess no more TV for you after 10 pm… and coffee XD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comments, when I wrote this in the afternoon I was very affected by the nightmare and I had to take it out of me... Antonieta, I really appreciate you to comment in my blog, hope you continue doing that :) I always dream about tsunamis, even before the real one this year and as my dear Nardy said, maybe I need a psychoanalysis... ahaha you're right Nardy, no more coffee ever, but I could accept a beer from you :)

    ReplyDelete