Friday, August 27, 2010

Animal Rights in Chile

I choose this theme because I care about animals, I'm not a vegetarian, neither a Greenpeace fan, but I respect life and I think that animals, which don't have any Human Rights, are many times very assaulted, and they can't complain, they live in peace and attack another animals by hungry or defense of their pride, but there's no evil in them.
I hate when some people publish videos or photos showing animal abuse, most of the time they laugh about it, and act like those animals have no feelings. I remember a video that someone sent me a long time ago, it showed a little raccoon being pelled by an asian man, it seemed to be a kind of work of that man, maybe he sells that skin to make coats and gloves, so I think he didn't do that just because of maddnes or evil, but the matter was that he made the raccoon suffer and pain horrifibly, I mean, it was ALIVE when he peelled it.
Another video that I received was about a woman squashing a kitten with her shoes, like a horror high heels ad. I don't like to receive that kind of videos, or neither sharing them to my friends, because I think that we can fight against animal abuse using words, those videos only contribute to some people's fascination for gore and horror. Most of the people that shares videos like those enjoy watching pain, and I think they're sick. I propose another way to show my disgust about this fact, which is use the word, and not images, because the image has the power to attract by its own content, and we don't want people to turn it into a circus, but understand that animals have a soul and also feel love and hate and physical pain.

"At his best, man is the noblest of all animals; separated from law and justice he is the worst. "

-Aristotle.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cami: I hate, just like you do, the way we try animals, thats why I share your concern about all this violence against animals that people record on videos, either for making campains against this horror (cuz I don't think this is the best way of doing it) or for morbid pleasure. Something must be done.

    ReplyDelete