Friday, August 27, 2010

Epica- Design your Universe

In April of the present year I attended to a music concert of a group I love, their name is Epica. They're from Nederlands, and their songs are a kind of gothic with opera voices and sometimes also guttural voices. This concert was in Teatro Caupolicán, and we waited for two hours before the artists came up to the stage, when the female voice, Simone, appeared, it became a real chaos, because she's the pin up girl by excellence and many boys have her as their platonic love, so when she was in sight of the people, the entire public started to shout and fight trying to get closer to her and take some pictures. It was horrible in that moment, because I couldn't see anything and I started to have a difficult breathing, because they were pushing me by every sides, and I received many punches..., finally I got out there as I could and climb to the gallery, and I stayed there for the rest of the concert, singing and shaking my head, I couldn't see as well as someone in the near-stage place, but at least I could watch away the artists and enjoy peacefully the rest of the concert.
I went there with a friend and his girlfriend, but I left them behind at the beggining to be closer to the stage, but as I said before, it was a bad idea because I was alone in the middle of a violent crowd and I couldn't stay there for long. When it finished, I surprisingly met another friend that was very tall and strong, so I regreted that I haven't met him before so I could have been with him and his friends inside the Teatro and stay safe inside the crowd. Anyway, he offered to take me closer to home and as it was late I accepted. We had a really good time and had some drinks together after that.
I went to that concert because Epica has a whole ideology behind their letters and they talk very poetically.
About their last album Design your Universe, which is the same name of the tour, they purpose that "God created all the different religions to see if men are capable to find the real nature of them. The question is if  human kind can undestand that all religions are basically the same".

-Epica.



No comments:

Post a Comment